Saturday, March 8, 2008

The USAF and Boeing

What do I know?  Every US Government agency that purchases anything has certain rules they have to follow pertaining to whose services or products might be eligible for use.  The Air Force and Boeing have previously gotten into trouble for unethical deals involving preferential treatment.

What happened now?  It was announced the USAF was going to go with an in-flight refueling option from Northrop Grumman, using planes from Airbus, instead of a competing bid from Boeing.  Everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else to complain about patriotism, utilizing domestic resources for national security, domestic jobs, and on and on.

Where's the wool?  I don't pretend to know how many different angles this issue can be viewed from, but I think that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST DECISION that could be made at this point.  My opinion doesn't assume that this decision will be carried out.  My opinion is that this is a great way to cover your ass.  If you get accused of making deals that are less than fairly made, why not make a "bad" decision and let everybody tear each other apart proving why you made the right and wrong choices?

1 comment:

  1. It's all about competition, baby. Great blog. I look forward to reading more. I'm all about cover-ups and stuff... :)

    ReplyDelete